I don’t usually do lists like this. I hate to make anything feel left out. Obviously, this is not the best books I have ever read, that list would look much different. Here are my top 10 of 2014, so far… The links go straight to my review so you can read why I loved them so much. These are in no particular order.
Oh, I have to show you the covers so you will know how varied my taste is with just a glimpse.
- Those Boys by Alison Tyler
- This book was a frickin novella, and it rocked my world! Alison Tyler is a Literary Goddess.
- The Wall by Marlen Haushofer
- I am haunted by this book. Hard to believe it was written over 50 years ago and it still so relevant.
- Twisted- Bondage with an edge Edited by Alison Tyler
- You had to know at least one dirty anthology would make my top ten. No real surprise here considering the subject.
- Night Owl by M. Pierce
- If you haven’t read this, stop what you are doing and go get it. I really loved this book and it’s follow up Last Light.
- Torrent by Gemma James
- Dark erotica rocks my world. Gemma started a masterpiece series with this book. I also reviewed the 2nd book in this series this year, Rampant.
- Sasha by Rae Matthews
- This book made me laugh our loud and cry tears of sadness all in a matter of hours. It was quite an addictive read.
- The Replacement by Rachel Wade
- A heroine unlike any other, this book almost scorched my hands with it’s hot scenes. I also enjoyed the novella in this series about one of her lovers called The Prisoner.
- Paradigm by Ceri A. Lowe
- A YA dystopian read that made me favorite this sub-genre. This book was cleverly crafted and got me hooked for the next book in the series.
- The Wonder by Colleen Oakes
- This is the 2nd book in the Queen of Hearts series. It’s a tie in to Alice in Wonderland, giving the Queens back story. A very creative book that made me favorite this author.
- Wrapped Around Your Finger by Alison Tyler
So there you have it, my top 10 reads of the year so far. All of these books have stuck with me and I give them my highest recommendation.