Today we are talking about what we are most proud of.
I don’t want to talk about the obvious here, I am the MOST proud of my children. That is just too easy. My 4 children drive me to be a better person. Some people in my life, at the time, tried to talk me out of giving them life. I am proud I didn’t listen to those people. I don’t think I accomplished one fucking thing before they came into my life. Today, I am a prideful person. I know some people don’t like that, but fuck it. I have done almost everything I set my mind to.
Things I have done that I am proud of:
- I didn’t listen to those doctors who said my baby wouldn’t make it (he’s 5 now)
- I completed college (I was the first in my family to get a college degree)
- I completed a marathon (that’s 26.2 miles of running)
- I was in the US Army (and I completed that 8 year commitment)
- I went after my dream job and became a nurse
- I left my husband the first time he touched me in anger (it wasn’t just a touch)
- I never gave up on love (and I found my soulmate)
- I became a homeowner in 2014
- I got help when I started to loose my battle with depression
Okay, that’s enough. That list was somewhat hard to write.