Hello curious people!
I have been furiously working on getting my Amazon reviewer ranking up, I mean UP with a low number of course. Amazon is a big discount online shop AND a huge reviewer site. They also have a little something called the Vine Reviewer Program.
“Amazon Vine is an invitation-only program. Vine Voices are selected based on several criteria, but primarily on the helpfulness of their reviews as judged by all other customers and by their demonstrated interest in the types of products that are featured in the program. Customers who consistently write helpful reviews and develop a reputation for expertise in specific product categories are most likely to be invited into the program.”¹
This is my goal. I NEED to get into the Vine program. I am not even close yet, unfortunately.
I have managed to increase my rating to under 10,000. That may not sound so great, but it is HUGE when you consider in December I was somewhere around 80,000. So I have discovered some secrets along the way. Today I am going to share some.
Your first goal is to review like crazy.
Review every single thing you buy from Amazon.
- You will get into a good habit of reviewing on Amazon
- You will be helping other consumers
- More reviews=higher ranking
The second thing you need to do is edit your profile.
How to edit your profile:
- Go to Amazon.com and click on My Account
- Scroll down a few boxes til you see Personalization, then click Your Public Profile (btw, your reviewer link is at the top of the page. it will look like this in the address bar; https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/A3AB2UHDGRAEHO?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_your_profile , highlight everything before the ? and that is a direct link to your profiles, so my direct link looks like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/A3AB2UHDGRAEHO)
- Click on Edit Profile
- Edit that information to include your email address and blog address (if you have one) at a minimum then hit Save at the bottom of the page
- Then click Edit Privacy Settings
- Under Follower Settings click Allow customers to follow you
I don’t have that many followers on Amazon, but most of the people I try to follow back don’t have this option open. So I couldn’t follow if I tried. The other thing I want to mention is that a lot of people I see in Facebook groups get banned from reviewing authors that they have “friend-ed” on social media. They get that info from your profile, so be careful which social media sites you link. I only have Instagram and YouTube on my amazon profile as well as my blog.
The next thing you need to do is join this email list.
I know some of you are really curious so I am setting up an Amazon Ranking Help email for those of you that really want to increase your review ranking. I don’t want to spam my readers who normally come here for book reviews and other mind vomit. This email will only be for people wanting help with their ranking and I will be sharing more about what I learned. I promise you WILL get something out of this.
I will be sending out the first email on Friday, since I hate repeating myself. From then on, I will send out weekly emails. I promise not to spam you and I won’t share your email with anyone since I will be using BCC for all the emails. I talked to Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight about this first, so this is actually a collaborative idea. (please give her credit, it is due) I agreed to do all the work though. This is something that everyone who signs up will benefit from. Please join us.